Robert Lord, Sr. (President 1983-1994), Supervisor Marcel Metayer, and E. Frank Wall (President 1970-1983)
E.F. Wall has an unwavering corporate commitment to providing:
• Unparalleled service and a superior built product to our Clients.
• Safe, challenging and rewarding employment to our employees.
• Ethical, mutually beneficial relationships with our subcontractor, supplier,
and business support service partners.
• A consistent, reasonable rate of profitability to sustain our commitments.
In 1970, Frank Wall, Bob Lord, Sr., and Bob Lamphere combined their talents and created E.F. Wall & Associates, Inc. to provide General Contracting services for a growing Vermont. Initially focusing on serving commercial, office, and light industrial clients, the firm grew rapidly in the 70’s and 80’s, along with a reputation for integrity, quality construction, and a can-do attitude. As the company expanded, so did it’s services and client base.
The old Sprague Electric plant (prior to 1985), the current home of E.F. Wall.
In the 80’s and 90’s, Design-Build and Construction Management services grew to meet market demand. Our reputation for a collaborative, solutions oriented approach, highly competent project management, and fairness in dealing with all project participants continues to fuel our success and growth. Today, 80% of our annual volume is in serving the ongoing relationships we enjoy with our many clients in the health care, education, insurance, banking, automotive, governmental, military, and manufacturing sectors.
Joining the company in the mid ’70s, Bob Lord’s sons Bob, Jr. and Kevin, are the current owners of E.F. Wall. Having literally “grown up” with the company, they are active, hands on managers involved with the administration, management, and staffing of each and every project.
Kevin Lord and Robert Lord, Jr.
Our managment team is unparalleled in its expertise and commitment to serving the varied needs of our clients. The average industry experience of our Administrative, Project Management, Safety, Estimating, Design, and Project Superintendent team is twenty-nine years, with an average tenure with E.F. Wall of twenty years.
E.F. Wall enjoys a reputation for having some of the most skilled trade professionals in the region. With our in-house ability to self-perform many specific trades (concrete, framing, sheathing, roofing, windows/doors/hardware, steel erection, studding/drywall, painting, finishes, masonry, etc.), we have the flexibility to assure complete managerial and schedule control over our projects, a much appreciated benefit to our clients.
Award Winning Service / Award Winning Projects
We are expert at providing cutting edge technologies that save our Clients time and money, exceed expectations for energy efficiency and sustainable green building, and stand the test of time for beauty, durability, value, ease of maintenance, and functionality.
Awards and recognition for our projects include:
- LEED (Leadership in Energy & Environmental Design) project certifications
- Efficiency Vermont awards for Advanced Buildings Core Performance Achievement
- Featured projects at the annual Better Buildings by Design conference
- Governor’s Award fo Environmental Excellence
- AIA (American Institute of Architects) Design Competition Honor Awards
- ACEC (American Council of Engineering Companies) Engineering Excellence Awards
- American School and University Citations
- Best Builder Awards, Associated General Contractors of Vermont
- Featured Project, Design Cost Data Magazine
- Featured Project, Metal Architecture Magazine
- Commendations from The Institution Recycling Network
The decision to award E.F. Wall the contract for our new multi-purpose building was based upon several criteria integral to the project: personnel, price, and capacity to meet our timeline. E.F. Wall submitted a GMP that accurately reflected the scope of the project and allowed opportunity for savings in several areas. We were impressed with the team E.F. Wall assigned to the project. They were supremely professional, attentive to detail, managed sub-contractors effectively and fairly, and communicated in a timely fashion with school personnel. The attention and service given to our project was outstanding.
I feel they did an excellent job in a number of areas that were very important to me and my team. In addition to getting the work done ahead of schedule by more than two weeks, the staff assigned to this job were very understanding of our environment, customers, and needs to minimize impact to our operations and customer event experience.